Richard Taddei

Months ago I saw this painting in a shop-window in Chelsea. I thought it pretty and harmless. This morning I saw it again when I was trashing my Time Out magazines.


Gargoyle (Brian)
oil on canvas, 30" X 34", 2006
Collection of Bernard Schleifer, NYC


Richard Taddei is an artist based in NYC, and he has a website. Browsing the catalogue, I found two paintings I like quite a bit. The first for its abstract power, the second for capturing the look on the youth's face.



Seated Nude (Jason)
oil on canvas, 26" X 29", 2007




Apollo II
oil on canvas, 28" X 25", 2007
Collection of Bernard Schleifer, NYC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC