Antigone in the Shower

Why should I bury him and die for it,
a sister's blood splashed over a dead brother?
But what is water if it isn't wet?

He led the city while I followed the spit
baptising the brother we called our father.
Why should I bury him and die for it?

Exiled, he partied with the Argive set.
So let his lover bury his own lover,
for what is water if it isn't wet?

He led the Argive army to commit
treason. My brother killed my brother
(Why should I bury him?) and died for it.

The gods will understand. I will forget
this foolishness. I must finish my shower.
Why should I bury him? To die for it.
What is water if it isn't wet?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC