COMPASS Lecture: "Translation as a Literary Trope"

Co-organized by COMPASS, the graduate student association of the Comparative Lit Dept at the University of Georgia, Athens, and the Wilson Center for Humanities and Arts, my lecture-and-reading "Translation as a Literary Trope" was held online on March 25, 2020. I spoke about my relationship to Singapore's (neo)colonial linguistic policies, my encounter with American poets and poetry, and the development of my hybrid work, Snow at 5 PM: Translations of an insignificant Japanese poet. Thanks, Aruni Kashyap, for suggesting that I visit and, Subrahleena Deka, for organizing the event.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC