Dinner at Nizza

Nizza, in Hell's Kitchen, 9th Avenue between 44th and 45th, is a swanky bistro and bar, with Italian small dishes. Nizza is Italian for Nice. The executive chef is Andy D'Arnico. For appetizer, I tried the bruschetta, which had very fresh tomato and broccoli chopped very finely. For the main, I had the crab ravioli which was delicious: a touch of fresh herb lifted the cream sauce. I also tried the Wild Boar Lasagne, which was sweet but not cloying so. The desert, semolino bodino, a kind of bread pudding cake, was accented with pistachio and cream. My glass of Montepulciano was smooth and easy drinking. The Nero, which I tried, was very dark and big, and I did not like it at all. The server was very friendly, and the bistro well-designed. Certainly worth a second visit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC