Poem: "I wrote a poem yesterday"




Wrote an additional poem today, for Spanish class. My limited vocabulary became a useful constraint.



I wrote a poem yesterday.
It was a sad poem, very sad.
I wanted to tear it up
but it was on the computer.

I wrote a poem day before yesterday.
That one was sad too.
In the poem I went to the river
but the river had no water in it.

I wrote seven poems last week.
They were all sad, very sad.
They followed me to the river
and followed me back home.

I wrote a poem in 1992
that was a happy poem.
I tried to remember it last night
but it has gone down the river.



Yo escribí un poema ayer.
Fue un poema triste, mui triste.
Lo quise romper
pero fue en la computadora.

Yo escribí un poema anteayer.
Este uno fue triste tambien.
En el poema fui al rio
pero el rio no tuvo agua en él.

Yo escribí siete poemas la semana pasada.
Ellos fueron todos tristes, mui tristes.
Me siguieron al rio
y me siguieron a mi casa

Yo escribí un poema en 1992
que fue un poema feliz.
Lo traje recordar anoche
pero él ha ido abajo del rio. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC