Poem: A Lover's Recourse (contacts)

contacts / contacts

God introduced himself to Adam with a finger.
All of Adam stumbled forward and met in his finger.

My eyes are hooks but cannot hold the chicken wing.
The meal put down the fork and took up the fingers.

What word can bottle the sweet crush of his mouth
when grapefruit spills down the bevel of my fingers.

If the animals are to be saved in seven pairs,
the ark will learn to count on human limbs and fingers.

Watch me, Dad, I can hold my breath under water,
my mouth plugged by a cock, my nose and ass by fingers.

Two civilizations finally get in touch.
I wear to honor that event a necklace of fingers.

He held Jee’s body with a fitting urgency.
The body fastens tight, and then relaxes the fingers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Thumboo's "Ulysses by the Merlion"

Steven Cantor's "What Remains: the Life and Work of Sally Mann"

Goh Chok Tong's Visit to FCBC